Below is a basic guideline of how Baccarat or Punto Banco is played. Baccarat Rules has only two main principle bets, the one being the Banker bet and the other the Player.
The Online Baccarat Rules:
From a starting point of view, Baccarat is played with a 6 deck or an 8 deck shoe. Every card has a different value in the Game, all face cards and 10’s equal to no value, cards that are less than 10 are counted by their face value and lastly, Aces are worth 1.
In Baccarat only single digit numbers are of value. When cards reach a double digit, the double-digit drops to the left, e.g. 13 will then be counted as 3 and 17 will be counted as 7.
The Game starts off with the players either betting on either Banco or Punto or Standoff. The dealer of the cards gives two cards to the player and the banker. The object of the Game then is to bet on the hand which you think will have the highest total value.
A third card can come in to the Game and can either be dealt to the player (Punto) or the bank (Banco) based on the three-card-rules.
Player’s Third-Card Rule:
- If the bank or the player have cards that total of 8 or 9 on their first two card then no further cards will be drawn.
- If the player’s total is less than or equal to 5 the player’s hand draws a third card.
- When the player decides not to draw a third card then the bank’s hand stands on 6 or more and then a 3rd card will be taken in a total of 5 or less.
Bank’s Third-Card Rule
- Bank’s total = 2 or less – the bank will draw a card
- Bank’s total = 3 – bank will draw a third card unless if the player’s card was an 8
- Bank’s total = 4 – the bank draws a third card unless the players third card was a 0, 1, 8, or 9.
- Bank’s total = 5 -the bank draws a third card if the players third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- Bank’s total = 6 – the bank draws a third card if the players third card was a 6 or 7.
- Bank’s total = 7 – the bank stands.
House Advantage in Online Baccarat
Banker (Banco): 1.17%
Player (Punto): 1.36%
Tie (Standoff): 14.12% at 8:1 payout.