Online Slots, are one of the most played casino games in the United Kingdom in 2017, definitely on par with true gambling classics like Roulette or Blackjack. These games have gone by many names over the years and are also known as Fruit Machines and One-Armed Bandits, the Australians even call them Pokies. We have hundreds of online titles available for UK gamblers, but a few shine above the rest! Many Online Casino players look for Real Money Online Slots that they can enjoy wagering their cash on, in the hopes of scoring some riches and nice jackpots. Here at Casino UK, we show you the best online UK slots in 2017. Whether you want to play for real money or free online slots, we assure you that you won’t be disappointed at our selection that will ensure you enjoy your time gambling.
Whether you are looking for a Las Vegas gambling experience, the best casino games, modern or old fashioned style slots, you will be part of the fun and excitement at Casino UK and delve into the many fantastic UK slot games that are available to our visitors to play. Enjoy wagering your cash on these amazing games today and feel like you’re in Vegas!
Play over hundreds of themed online slots, all displaying the highest of quality graphics and visual elements. Whether you fancy 3-Reel slots, 5-Reel, Pub Slots, Progressive Slots or MegaSpin Slots, we will offer you whatever you desire. Be part of the fun and excitement in 2017 at Casino UK and delve into the many fantastic UK slot games that are available to our visitors.
WHY PLAY ONLINE SLOTS FOR REAL MONEY
Many people out there may look at online slots and do not understand how people can enjoy them. To those people we say, try them before you make up your mind. Modern online slots offer numerous exciting features like Wilds, Scatters, and various bonus games, all of which will help increase your chances of winning and make the game more enjoyable. Modern online slot games are also full of opportunities to win free spins, some of which even come with the added bonus of including a multiplier for your winnings. Slots are easy to play and have the potential to change your life forever, especially when we start talking about progressive jackpot slots, which could see you winning a multi-million-pound jackpot and riches beyond your wildest dreams.
TOP RATED ONLINE SLOTS IN UK 2017
100 % TOP UP & 10% CASHBACK
£200 WELCOME BONUSGET UP TO £200 FREE PLAY
Deposit £50 PLAY WITH £150 +150 FREE SPINS
£20 WELCOME BONUS
£200 BONUS+50 FREE SPINS
£100 BONUS +200 BONUS SPINS
HISTORY OF THE SLOT MACHINE
The slot machine is loved by millions of people around the world, but there was a time when this type of gambling never existed. The very first slot machine was invented back in the 1890s, although the exact date seems to be a little unclear. Charles Fey is regarded as the inventor of the slot machine, with his game Liberty Bell. There are some conflicting reports out there, but most people tend to agree that Liberty Bell was the first slot game in the world. The game was simple and only had three reels with a limited selection of symbols, but it was revolutionary for its time and quickly gained popularity. Up until this point, people had only been able to play their favourite table games, so this new slot machine was something very special.
More and more developers quickly caught on and started creating slot machines of their own but things in the industry remained relatively stagnant. There wasn’t a whole lot more that designers could do with the technology they had. Then, in the 1980s, everything changed with the invention of the video slot. This swapped out mechanical reels and internal components or video screens. This immediately allowed designers to begin creating more advanced and sophisticated slot games.
The slot would undergo one final significant evolution during the following decade. In the 1990s, Online Casinos began to start operating and the slot game was right there to begin entertaining people from their homes. Once again the designers had new technology to take advantage of and they were able to develop more complicated online slots with more modes, better graphics, and improved sounds.
NO DEPOSIT ONLINE SLOTS 2017
No deposit bonuses have become less common in recent years, but there are still some casinos that offer these types of bonuses and promotions from time to time. In many of these situations, instead of giving the player a certain amount of money as their no deposit bonus, the online casino will instead elect to provide the player with a certain number of free spins for one of their online slots. Generally, the slot will be chosen based on which games the online casino wishes to promote at the time. Either way, gamblers land up benefitting from this promotion by getting free bonus spins for an online slot, without needing to deposit any money. What’s not to like? These promotions are an excellent way for players to enjoy the title and possibly win some money, without wagering any of their own. Other promotions that an Internet casino will offer include the welcome bonus, as well as offering various other deposit match bonus promotions.
TYPES OF ONLINE SLOTS IN UK
There are three main types of online slot that you will come across, although there might be a few others that don’t fit any of these descriptions.
- 3 Reel Online Slot – These tend to be your more basic slot design. That doesn’t mean they’re old, in fact, many game designers are still creating new 3 Reel slot games because there is a market for them. These slots tend to be easier to understand as there are fewer paylines and fewer bonus game types.
- 5 Reel Online Slot – 5 Reel slots are by far the most common slot you’ll find today. These are more complicated than 3 Reel machines and tend to have more bonus game modes and other features. These also tend to have more complex themes and are some of the most popular online casino games around. There are even some slots out there that offer more than five reels, but these aren’t all that common.
- Progressive Jackpot Online Slots – This type of slot is no different to the ones we mentioned above. It could have 3 or 5 reels, but there is one thing that makes this slot different enough that we thought it deserved its own description. Progressive Jackpot slot games don’t have fixed jackpots. Instead, a number of games are linked together and every time a player places a bet, a portion of this wager is transferred to the jackpot. This means that it is always growing until someone wins. This also means that the jackpot could be millions of pounds, which make them so attractive. The thought of winning a progressive jackpot is enough to make people flock to them and start wagering in pursuit of riches and more cash than they know what to do with.
ONLINE SLOTS STRATEGIES 2017 – HOW TO PLAY
One of the reasons so many people love to play online slots in 2016 is because they are quite easy to understand and play. However, that doesn’t mean that new players can just jump right in and play without any guidance. That’s why we decided to put together a helpful guide for new slots players to tell them what to do to get the most out of their online slot experience and stand the best chance to snag one of those jackpots.
PAYLINES IN SLOT GAMES
One key thing that players need to understand about slot machines is the paylines. This is a number you’ll see mentioned in reviews but what does it mean? Are more paylines better or would you rather have less of them?
In short, a payline is a line across the reels, and the symbols will be checked on the line for winning combinations. When the first slot machines arrived, there was only one payline across the centre of the reels. These days, though, there are numerous payline options available to players. These start from a single payline, up to three, five, nine, 15, 20, 50, 100 or more.
PLACING YOUR BET
So, what about placing your bet and wagering in an online slot? This can also cause some confusion with new players because they see things like ‘Coin Size’ and ‘Coins per Line’ and they don’t understand what this means when it comes to wagering. The good news is that it isn’t as complicated as it may first seem. All this stuff does is give players more options on how much they can spend on a single spin. Players need to begin by making a deposit and getting some cash in their casino account. Once this deposit is made, they can begin to play for real money.
The coin size option will determine the value of a single coin you’ll be wagering in the game. This can be adjusted from a few pence to hundreds of pounds per coin. Then you can determine how many coins you want to bet on a payline, so if your coin size was 10p, and you want to bet ten coins on each payline then each active payline is going to cost you £1 per spin. Most slot machines will also allow you to choose how many of the paylines you want to bet on, so you don’t have to pay for all of them unless you want to.
Finally, we should probably mention the gamble feature that many modern slot games include. When you win a round and get some money, you’ll have the option to gamble your win. Typically, you’ll be given the choice of choosing the colour or suit of the next card, which will be drawn from a deck. If you decide to guess the colour, and you get it right, you’ll double your winning. If you choose the suit and get it right, your winnings will quadruple. If you get it wrong, though, you lose everything, so be careful. This is a really exciting addition that can make your experience even tenser.
DO ONLINE SLOT STRATEGIES WORK?
At their heart, new slots of 2017 are driven by a random number generator, which is designed to generate completely random results. This means that there is no strategy out there that can increase your odds when it comes to winning a coveted jackpot. However, there are some techniques you can use that might help reduce your losses and improve your experience when playing.
IMPORTANT SLOT MACHINE BUTTONS
There are quite a few buttons dotted around the screen when you’re gambling on your favourite slot online, but if you don’t know what they mean or what they do, you may be too afraid to use them. Here is a list of the most important buttons out there and what their purpose are.
- Bet Max – This button will tell the game you’ll be wagering the maximum amount of coins per payline. This will not affect the coin size,
- Bet Per Line – Pressing this button will increase the value of your gamble line by one coin.
- Collect – This one should be fairly self-explanatory, when you’re done playing, and you want to transfer your cash from the game to your casino account, this is the button you’ll use.
- Gamble – This button will only appear after a winning spin and will allow you to try the Gamble feature if you want to.
- Lines – This is the button you’ll use to change the number of active paylines. Remember, every additional active payline increases your chance of winning, but also increases the cost of each spin.
- Spin – Another easy button to grasp. This button spins the reels, use once you have placed the wager you want to.
- Stop – This button will allow you to try and stop the reels early.
ONLINE SLOT TIPS
Like your standard slot machines, 2017 online casino slots operate very much the same. Let’s take some time out to look at some important tips and things you should remember when playing Internet slots.
- Choose an online slot game that suits you – sometimes it happens that certain games just don’t seem to work with us. Always choose the best slot game that improves your skills, and play the game at which you excel. Deposit money into your account and start playing.
- Develop a wagering pattern– where you bet higher amounts when you are winning and playing time and stretch your bankroll out more, giving you an increased chance of winning. Switch to lesser amounts when you are losing. That way you will extend your gambling time, without having to deposit more money. You generally want to refrain from making another deposit, as this is an easy way of spending more cash than you planned. Always be responsible when gambling.
- Keep an eye out for unique casino bonuses or mega jackpot promotions that can offer a higher payout, especially when playing for real cash. These sorts of bonuses and promotions can come in very handy and may just help you win big.
- If your game is simple, your odds tend to be better. We would suggest that only once you have played or wagered at slots for a while, should you then attempt to play the most advanced games
- Read the Rules – Take some time out and read the rules of the online slot you want to play before making a decision.
- Play for Free – Rather try a slot game for free before you decide to play with real cash. This way you get a feel for the game, and if you are satisfied with your choice, you can then go on to play for real money.
- Take advantage of the bonuses and promotions that are offered to you. They are an excellent way to get a head start. This is particularly the case for the welcome bonus, which is a promotion offered to new players. You’ll be able to claim this bonus while making your first deposit at the casino. This will give you extra cash to play with, and you’ll be able to enjoy gambling for longer, so it something you don’t want to miss on. Just be aware of the wagering requirement. When you accept your Welcome Bonus, you will also be agreeing to the condition that your bonus will be wagered a certain number of times before you can withdraw it.
- Budget – Learn to budget the money you want to spend at the casino– Problem Gambling is a severe matter, you should never gamble if your aim is to make it your only source of income. Always be responsible when you’re gambling and seek help if you think you may have a problem.
- Lastly, enjoy playing! Have fun and relax, take a bit of time out once in a while to let your hair down.
PLAYING ONLINE SLOTS FOR FREE 2017
Sometimes you might just feel like playing an online slot, but you don’t want to worry about making a deposit and spending any cash, or there may be a new slot that has caught your eye, but you want to try it out before spending any cash. The good news is that almost any online casino worth its salt is going to allow players to try out its library of games for free. Obviously, you won’t keep any of the winnings, but it’s a good way to get familiar with new games and their bonus rounds, or a way to relax and have some fun. If you want to start winning real money, you’ll have to deposit cash into your account and start wagering for real.
TOP 2017 ONLINE SLOT PROVIDERS
There are many different companies out there who design and develop slot games, so finding them isn’t difficult at all. However, you want to have the best possible experience while playing so you’re going to want to keep an eye out for the biggest and best developers. This will also ensure that you’re playing at a reputable online casino, as these companies will only work with regulated casinos. Different Internet casinos will have different software providers. Some may exclusively use one developer while others might have several providing the games. These are some of the best developers out there, the ones you should keep an eye out for.
TOP PROGRESSIVE ONLINE SLOTS UK 2017
Progressive Slots are some of the best online casino games around to play and a popular choice for people looking to enjoy some gambling. Every time someone places a bet/deposits money on certain UK slots machines the jackpot counter increases, until someone hits the jackpot and wins the massive payout, once a jackpot has been hit, the counter starts over again. These Progressive Jackpots are some of the most sought after online slots in the casino industry. When playing these real money Progressive slots, players stand the chance to win some incredible riches. Some players have won Mega Jackpots and became instant millionaires. Casino UK’s top three Progressive Jackpots Slots are:
- Mega Moolah
- The Dark Knight
COMMON ONLINE CASINO SLOT TERMS AND SYMBOLS
- Fruit machine: For many players, the term fruit machine refers to an old fashioned slot game. However, as time has passed so have slots, with new names such as online slots, video slots, pokies, 3-Reel and 5-Reel slots doing away with the term, “Fruit Machine”.
- One armed bandit: This term is commonly used in referring to a slot machine with a handlebar to spin the reels. As time has progressed one arm bandits have become ornaments to represent old school slot machines.
- Coin Hopper: The container where coins are held and then released when money needs to be dispensed.
- Drop bucket: When the coin hopper is full, the drop bucket is used to keep the excess coins.
- Rollup: A rollup refers to the sounds made by a slot machine to dramatise the win while the winning is being counted.
- Scatter: This is a symbol that usually unlocks or triggers a bonus round and/or free spins. Usually, when players line up three or more scatters they gain access to the online slot bonus games and stand the chance of increasing their payout.
- Stakes: A Stake is a wager you place on a slot game.
- Payline: A line across the reels that winning symbols need to land on for the player to win. Can be Horizontal, diagonal, zig-zag, etc.
- Wild: A wild symbol substitutes for other symbols to form a winning combination. In some instances, the wild symbol can substitute for any other symbol except for the bonus or scatter symbol. The more wild symbols a players lands, the higher their chances of increasing their payout.
- Examples of symbols: Each game comes with various symbols, whether it be of characters from a theme or simple icons such as animals, fruits and numbers. See below for examples of some of the top symbols:
CAN YOU ACTUALLY WIN WHEN PLAYING ONLINE SLOTS?
Many people wonder if it is actually possible to win the jackpot when you play slot games and the truth is that yes, you absolutely can. As the technology behind the random number generators has improved, it has allowed the games to become as random and fair as possible, meaning that players will have pretty consistent odds. However, this does not mean that you stand a better chance of winning because these games, as always, require a supreme amount of luck. While the games are easy to play, winning large sums of cash is tough because lady luck needs to be on your side.
CHOOSING A SAFE ONLINE SLOT CASINO IN 2017
If you want to stand a chance to win some great payouts when you play slots, you’re going to need to make sure you find a licensed online casino. Players need to be responsible and put a little time in to make sure they don’t deposit money at a fraudulent operation. Thankfully, finding a licensed casino isn’t as hard as it sounds, thanks to third-party organisations. It is their job to issue licenses and make sure the casinos conduct themselves in a fair way. Some of these organisations include the Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission, and the Alderney Jurisdiction.
Another organisation who will look into online casinos is eCOGRA, which stands for the eCommerce and Online Gambling Regulation and Assurance. this group will look into aspects of the casino such as payout percentages, payout speed, and will regularly audit the games to test the Random Number Generators. If you can find an online caisno certified and licensed by eCOGRA and the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission, the casino you’re going to play at is 100% safe and trustworthy.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST ONLINE SLOTS
When looking for the best online slots in the UK, it is important to choose an online slot that suits your wagering needs. It is advisable that players choose real money online slots, this allows the player to gamble and walk away with a significant payout if they are lucky. Below are a few things players need to look out for when choosing an online slot for real money:
- Online Slot Theme: When selecting an online slot is important to pick a slot that has a theme that interests you. Online slots have a number of different themes, and you need to choose one that has a theme that you may enjoy. A number of online pokies have animal, Ancient God, Movie and Television-based themes.
- Online Slot Structure: Players need to choose an online slot that is structured in a way that feels comfortable for them. Players need to make a choice between online slots which have 3 Reels or 5 Reels. They also need to choose their preferred number of paylines. Online slots range between 15,20,25 paylines. Some slots have 243 ways to win.
- Online Slot Features: Players also need to consider if the which features the online slot has to offer. Online slots with features such as wild symbol, scatter symbols, free spins, multipliers, stacked wilds, expanding rounds and bonus games. These are usually the best online slots to play as players increase their payouts. Bonus rounds are crucial as these often allow players to win large amounts of cash very quickly.
- Online Slot Jackpots: Slots with jackpots are the most rewarding online slots to play. When players play these slots, they stand a chance of bagging some great winnings.
- Progressive Jackpot Online Slots: As mentioned before, these are the most sort after online slots as they have the potential to win players big payouts.
- Online Slot Game Play: Players should choose an online slot that gives them the gameplay they desire. If you want to have a Vegas casino experience, then you should choose a Vegas-themed online slot.
TOP 5 ONLINE SLOTS CASINOS IN 2017
ONLINE SLOTS TERMINOLOGY AND GLOSSARY
- Action: when referring to action in the online and land-based slot world, some time is talking about the amount of time spent on a particular machine in play
- Bet Max: this is the maximum bet you can make on the machine
- Coin Size: there are a number of slot titles which will allow players to increase or decrease the amount of money their coins are valued at
- Denomination: a denomination is the amount of every credit which is played on a certain slot machine
- Free spin: a free spin refers to free spins being awarded to a player from landing certain symbol combinations or winning in a bonus round
- Hold percentage: the amount of money a casino will keep as opposed to returning to the player
- Hot slot: this is a term used to describe a loose slot or a machine which is due to get you big wins
- Jackpot: the largest amount a slot machine can payout
- Loose slots: a term used to refer to a slot that regularly pays out – see also hot slot above
- Multiplier: a multiplier on a slot is a bonus feature which will multiply your win in a bonus round
- Near miss: when you almost get a winning combination
- One armed bandit: a name used for slot machines in the olden days when people still pulled a lever to spin the reels
- Progressive jackpot: a jackpot which steadily increases in size each time a player wagers on the machine, it never reaches a fixed amount ad will continue growing until won
- RNG: a random number generator is something used in the development of slot software to ensure all combinations are randomly generated
- Scatter pay: a scatter pay slot is a machine which includes scatter symbols on the reels which result in bonus features such a bigger wins
- Tight slots: a slot machine which is rumoured to be stingy with its payouts
- Video slots: video slots refer to online slot machines or a slot which does not have physical reels inside it
- Wild symbols: wilds are the symbols in certain slot games that will act as any other symbol apart from the scatter or bonus symbols
BEST ONLINE SLOTS IN 2017
HOW ONLINE CASINO SLOTS OPERATE
Whether you are playing a 3-reel single-payline game or a 5-reel 25-payline game, the outcomes of the games are always random. The best Online slots mimic that of the real machines, just as you’d find in Las Vegas, and run almost exactly the same. There are no hot or cold cycles, and you need to be made aware that every game is different, meaning that each game has different rules in which they play by, offering different bonuses and special rounds.
PLAY ONLINE SLOTS ON YOUR MOBILE
With mobile technology becoming more and more important every year, Mobile Casinos have become an exciting new way for players to enjoy wagering on their favourite casino games in 2017. Mobile Casinos have become an imperative part of an Online Casinos portfolio, because of the convenience that they offer the players. We’re sure that you want to know how to play your favourite online games on your mobile. Well, it’s really easy. Some Online Casinos will have a Mobile app that you’ll need to download, while others will work straight from your phone’s browser. From here you’ll be able to access the casino’s library and enjoy your favourite online slots. From there, you’ll be able to log into your existing account and start having fun. You’ll also be able to deposit funds from your mobile device if you need additional cash.
ONLINE SLOTS FAQs
Online slots have become one of the most played online casino games.
There are a number of questions that most players have when it comes to slots.
We are going to answer some of these questions for you.