Horse Racing Betting started off where gamblers could make bets at a gambling station at the track. This form of sports betting has evolved throughout the years. As time has evolved, so has Horse Racing Betting, this has been accomplished by making bets on Horses an Online Process through UK sports betting.
Betting on horse racing isn’t a complicated procedure. Most often, you place your bet, wait for the results and either collect your winnings or don’t receive anything.
Horse racing is an equestrian sport, involving two or more jockeys riding horses over a set distance for competition. It is one of the most ancient of all sports and its basic premise has remained unchanged since the earliest times.
Top UK Casinos That offer Horse Race Betting
The Main Types of Horse Race Betting One can make
There are a few bets one can make with regards to horse racing, some of which include:
- To Win: Choose who wins the race.
- To Place: Choose the position in which a rider and his horse will come.
- To Show: The Horse and his rider come 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
- Exacta: Bet on two horses to finish in first and second
- Quinella: Bet on 2 or 3 horses to win or come in second
- Trifecta: Bet on three horses to finish first, second and third in the exact order
- Superfecta: Bet on four horses to finish first, second, third and fourth in the exact order
- Each Way: Bets are divided into 2: Winner and Place
Important Horse Betting Tips and Strategies
There are a lot of horse betting strategies and tips that one can use to play with. Some of the top Horse Betting Strategies that you can use include:
- 6-1 True Odds Angle: Betting on the dark horse
- Pick 3: Pick the Top 3 you think could win
- Types of Races: Are they long or short races, certain horses have been trained to do either long or short races
- Horse Selection: Look at their average speed and their overall performance
- Don’t forget the weather: This s a very crucial aspect when placing your bet
- Find out the post positions of the horses
- Learn about the various payouts
The History of Horse Racing
The history of horse racing dates back hundreds of years and can be tied into the Roman Empire. The Romans had chariot races with horses running, but the first time horse racing was documented in the United States wasn’t until 1665. In 1665 a horse racing track was built and called the “Newmarket” on the Salisbury Plains in Long Island, New York, where the first race was operated by the New York Colonial Governor.
It wasn’t until 1868 when horse racing started to become an organized sport in the USA. By the year 1890 there were already 314 horse racing tracks built in the United States and it had quickly become one of the most watched sports of its time.
Fast-forward to the year 2015 and horse-race betting now isn’t limited to going to the actual racetrack, but has become as easy as going on to your computer and placing your bet.
Horse Racing Betting Procedure
The following list spells out the horse racing betting procedure step by step for online betting:
- Choose the racetrack.
- Choose the time of the race.
- Choose your horse
- You can bet on a single horse to win, place, or show or on a combination of horses.
- State the number of the horse or horses you’re using.
- Place your stake (for each horse)
- Place bet
- You can play for Real Money at any of one of the above or below mentioned casinos.
In the year 2013, the statistics are as follows:
|Number of races:||Flat Races:||Jump Races:|
|Average prize money:||14,234€||12,257€|
Some of the popular horse racing tracks which have been built over the years consist of Saratoga Springs in New York, Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Churchill Downs in Louisville and Belmont Park in Elmont. These race tracks have been around for more than 100 years and they have a lot to do with the popularity of the sport today. No matter where in the UK you are, place your bets and reap the rewards!