Casino games are vastly growing with a large number of online gambling games being introduced into the gaming world. Finding the best online casino games for real money or for fun can prove to be a difficult task. It’s good to know which games you should look out for if you are looking for the perfect fit between winning big and having an awesome time in the process.
The History of Casino Games through the Ages
Gambling has been a popular pass time within society throughout the ages. The first memories of gambling surfaced thousands of years ago. You will be able to date back to the Chinese dynasties, the Roman Empire and Egyptian witch doctors of the past. Read on to see how gambling and casinos have developed throughout the ages.
Where Casino Games All Began
The oldest documented casino game dates back to the Song Dynasty. This casino game goes by the name of Pai Gow. This was a popular game of chance which was played using a set of dominoes.
Another notable game of age is that of craps. There is a broad argument as to where this popular game originated. Some say it dates back to ancient Egypt, fashioned after the practice of witch doctors throwing numbered stones and bones to determine your death. Others argue that the game began in ancient Rome, where soldiers and noble men alike would enjoy the thrill of throwing the dice.
The History of Casino Card Games
The first documented history of card games emerges from France in the 1300s. Although completely different to the packs we play with today – being initially made of wood, sporting emperors of the time on the face – many of the popular games we know today were birthed in this time. Blackjack is said to hail from the popular game of trent et un, a game in which players would try to reach thirty one. This then developed to vignt et un – or twenty one as we know it today. An older game said to emerge prior to blackjack is the ever popular poker. This was apparently an adaptation of a Persian game known as As Nas.
The History of Casinos
Casino is an Italian word which translated mean ‘little house’. Initially, the little house was a smaller out house off the main villa in which parties were thrown. There would be music and festivities, among which were games of chance. Soon, casinos were visited more and more frequently, just so that guests could partake in the games they offered.
The first modern casino – as we know them today – emerged in Monaco in 1861. Gambling became legal within America in 1930, when Nevada passed a law legalizing the practice. The UK only legalized the practice of gambling in 1960, however, that did not stop our people from popping over to Europe to dabble in the thrills of their casinos.
Different Types of Online Casino Games
Throughout the years gamblers have enjoyed a variety of traditional games. Recently, there have been adaptations of classic casino games being introduced into the gaming world. We have compiled a list of various games found in online casinos that you might find interesting.
Online Slots, Free Spins and More
Online slots also known as fruit machines will keep you intrigued and well entertained. With a wide range of online slot types, you are spoilt for choice.
Various Types of Online Video Slots:
- Pub Slots
- MegaSpin Slots
- Progressive Jackpots
There are a vast number of titles to choose from but some of the most popular online slots are as follows.
The Best Online Slots for Real Money:
- Mega Moolah – Microgaming Progressive Jackpot
- Jack and the Beanstalk – NetEnt Online Slot
- Gladiator – Playtech Online Slot
- Megasaur – Real Time Gaming Progressive Jackpot
The Best Online Blackjack
The benefits of playing online Blackjack:
- Simple to understand
- Best house edge
- Multiple variants available
- Available in a live casino format through various software providers
- You card total must total 21 or as close to as possible
- Your hand must be higher than the dealer’s
- If your total is higher than 21 your hand is bust
- If the dealer’s hand is higher than 21, they bust
- If your hand score is too low you can ask the dealer to hit you with another card
- If you are satisfied with your hand, you stand
Play online roulette casino games for real money
There is a plethora of variants when it comes to roulette, both online and off.
The two major types of Roulette:
- European Roulette – this consists of only one zero and is a wide favourite amidst players
- American Roulette – this game consists of two zeros and thus gives the house a greater edge against players
Roulette is a popular game in both land based and online casinos. This may stem from the sheer thrill of chasing the tiny silver ball around the wheel. There are a number of wagers you can place on the roulette wheel.
The basic roulette bets to choose from are as follows:
- Red or Black – this bet allows you to bet on the colour the ball will land on. Whilst payouts will be less, this bet gives you a 48.6% chance of winning on the European table and a 47.4% chance on the American table
- Odds and evens. This I similar to the colours bet however now you will be betting on whether or not the ball lands on an odd or an even number. Your payouts in this wager are 1:1
- Single number bet – this is where you wager on one solitary number on the wheel. If you land this bet your payout will be a monumental 35:1 however the odds of you achieving this are a slim 2.63%
Remember, these are merely your most straight forward bets available. There is a plethora of ways to wager in roulette.
Try dice casino games
A popular table game when it comes to casinos is that of Craps. Craps is a game involving players rolling a pair of dice in hopes of an outcome of their favour. Online craps follows the same rules as land based casino games:
Playing Craps at a Casino Online
- Craps is played with a pair of dice
- Players will wager on the outcome of the dice roll
- The person throwing the dice is known as the shooter
- You can wager money against other players in the game or the casino
The History of Casino games Starts Here With Pai Gow
Pai Gow is the oldest version of a wagering game dating back as far as the Song Dynasty.
- Pai Gow is the oldest gambling game available
- Originally it was played with a set of dominoes
- Pai Gow has since been adapted into a form of poker game
- Pai Gow Poker is the more common type of game you will be able to find online
How to Win Online Poker
Online poker is a widely loved online casino game. You will be able to choose from one of the following variants when playing on an internet casino:
- Video poker: these are a slot type casino game based around poker
- Online poker games: these are virtual games which play out exactly as the real life version of the popular casino classic would
- Live online poker games: this s the best of both worlds in which you will play at a real life table with a live dealer through a video stream at certain online casinos
Play the Best Online Bingo
Bingo is one of the most popular online casino games to play. Online bingo is rumoured to have been around for more than two decades. Here are a few fun facts about bingo:
- There are over three million regular players in the United Kingdom alone
- 70% of all bingo players are females
- Forty seven is the average age of a bingo player
- There are a total of 552 446 474 061 129 000 000 000 000 bingo card combinations available
Play the Challenging Casino Games like Baccarat
Online Baccarat is played with two cards and has no real strategy; you just have to leave it to lady luck which makes it even more exciting. Play online baccarat for real money and see if you have luck in your favour.
Live Casino Games Online
Live Online Casinos bring the best of both worlds to players everywhere. A live casino allows you to play a number of popular casino games with a live dealer.
Available live casino game options:
- Live roulette
- Live poker
- Live online blackjack
The list continues with variants of each game available for all to enjoy. There are also a wide number of benefits for players to take advantage of when playing at a live casino.
The benefits of playing at a live online casino:
- Players get to interact with a live dealer and possibly other players
- Players get the thrill of the brick and mortar game play as they would in a land based casino
- Players who are sceptical about the fairness of virtual casino games can rest at ease
- All of this can e enjoyed from the comfort of your home
Top Online Casino Game FAQs
If you have a question, we may just have the answer!There are a ton of questions surrounding the online casino industry and we at casino UK have highlighted a few for you below:
Get to know Your Lingo with the Casino Game Glossary
Below is the basic terminology you will hear when playing both online and within the land based casino world:
- Action: the total amount of money wagered by a player in one session
- Ante: the smallest bet needed to begin your hand in a card game
- Banker: a term used in card games to describe the dealer – also certain games may name players the banker
- Beginner’s Luck: when a first time casino goer strikes it lucky
- Blind Bet: a term used in poker to describe a player who wagers on their hand without looking at their cards
- Capping: placing another bet on top of the already wagered bet after the deal has begun. Considered to be a form of cheating
- Card counting: a practice in which a player will keep tabs on what cards have been played in order to know what to expect next
- Case Bet: a bet made with all remaining chips on the table (also known as all in)
- Deal: the action of the dealer distributing cards between players
- Deuce: rolling two with a pair of dice
- Double or Nothing: a wager that will pay out the same amount as the original bet
- Dog: a player who is considered by fellow gamblers to be feeble and more than likely to lose his wager
- Edge: having the upper hand against a competitor
- Eyes in the sky: any authority body of the casino who is watching your game play
- Face cards: any card with a picture on it: Kings, Jacks and Queens
- George: a player who tips their dealer
- Grease: a bribe offered to any other person involved in the game, both dealers and fellow players alike
- Gross winnings: the total amount of money a player will take home
- Hand: the set of cards a player is dealt in a game to play with
- Hit: a term used in blackjack when requesting to be dealt another card
- Max Bet: the highest amount a player is allowed to wager in one round
- Nut: either the amount predetermined by a gambler of how much they are prepared to win in a day or the total cost of overheads to run a casino
- Odds: the possibility of various bets which are generally calculated as percentiles
- Open: a term used in poker to describe the player who bets first
Online Casino Games Providers
There are a large number of casino software providers available for online casinos to make use of. The top five providers are as follows:
Top Online Casino Software Providers
|TYPES OF GAMES PROVIDED||
POPULAR GAMIG TITLES