Online Baccarat is a casino card game in which players need to reach a hand value totalling or as close to nine as possible. Hands can consist of two to three cards and the hand closest to nine wins. Baccarat is thought to go by other names such as Punto Banco and Chermin de Fer, however, these are in actual fact versions of the game as opposed to other names.
Online Baccarat can seem very overwhelming for new players to the game. Whether you are a player from the United Kingdom or further abroad, the game tends to be complex for first timers. However, with the proper knowledge and understanding, you will find it is actually quite a simple game to master. Online Baccarat comes with a low house edge which makes it a favourite for players to win. The aim of Online Baccarat is to reach as close to nine as possible. Read through the Casino UK guide on all you need to know about online baccarat below.
Online Baccarat for Real Money at These Top [year] Casinos in the UK:
|1||200% up to £3,000 |
+ 50 Free Spins
|2||200% up to £100|
+ 50 Free Spins
|3||£600 Welcome Bonus|
+ 50 Free Spins
|4||100% up to £500|
+ 120 Free Spins
|5||100% up to £200|
+ 20 Free Spins
|6||£1000 Welcome Bonus|
+ 50 Free Spins
|7||200% up to £10,000|
|8||£50 WELCOME BONUS|
+ 150 Free Spins
+50 Free Spins
|10||200% Up to £400|
+ 200 Free Spins
Online Baccarat Rules
Online Baccarat does not differ in rules to that of the land based casino game. However, if you are new to both the brick and mortar and online rules of baccarat, here’s a quick crash course in the basics:
- Generally, either a six or eight deck shoe will be used in a real money baccarat game
- Any face card or ten card will be valued at zero
- Unlike blackjack, Aces are valued at one, not eleven
- In Baccarat, suits are not pertinent
- Baccarat is only a single digit game, your hand’s highest value is nine and it can never surpass this value
How to play Online Baccarat
Here is a step by step guide on how standard Baccarat is played:
- Two cards are dealt to the player – Cards vary; cards numbered 2 – 9 are worth their face value, an ace is worth one and your King, Queen and Jack are worth zero.
- From your two cards you will be able to determine the value of your hand:
- If you receive a 6 and a 3 your value is 9
- If you receive a 7 and a 8 your value will be 5 – this works by saying 8 plus 7 which equals to 15, remove the one and you have your value
- Unless the dealer has a 8 or 9, if you have an 8 or 9, you will automatically win
- You can choose to bet on either the banker or the player to win, alternatively you can bet on a tie
Online Baccarat Strategy For United Kingdom Players
There is no real strategy when it comes to Baccarat and this is due to the fact that the game is out of your hands. You can only bet on who you think will win or tie. Betting on a tie offers 8 to 1 odds; however actually getting a tie can be rare. So, instead of writing a strategy that does not really exist, we at Casino UK thought we would give you some important facts that make up the Online Baccarat strategy:
- There are two main type of decks you can receive with Online Baccarat: Six and Eight Decks, eight being the more common option
- The Banker wins approximately 51% of the time without the tie as a factor, with 44.6% for the player and a tie is 9%
- Betting on the player to win returns a 1-1 payment, and betting on the banker returns a 95% payment on your original bet
- If the player is dealt 0-5 they will draw a card, if they are dealt a 6 or 7 they will stand and if they are dealt a 8 or 9 it is a natural hand and no further draw is needed.
- Here is a table on how the banker will play (whether to hit or stand):
|Point Value of First Two Cards:||Draws when the player’s third card is:||Does not draw when the player’s third card is:|
|0 – 1 – 2||Always draws a card.|
|4||2 – 7||0 – 1 – 8 – 9|
|5||4 – 7||0 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 8 – 9|
|6||6 – 7||0 – 5, 8 – 9|
|8 – 9||Player cannot draw.||Player cannot draw.|
Top Online Baccarat Tips for United Kingdom Players
Here are some tips to guide you in playing and mastering the game of Online Baccarat as a new UK player:
- Play as often as you can – this will assist you in growing and learning more about the game
- Choose a safe and reliable Online Casino – Choose an Online Casino that offers you great bonuses, great security, a wide range of Baccarat games and great customer support.
- Make use of the bonuses you receive from the Online Casino of your choice
- Try avoid betting on a tie as it is very rare
- Know when to stop – Make a budget of what you can afford and stick to it
The History of Online Baccarat
The origins of baccarat suggest that this card game was one of the earliest casino games to emerge. With the first mentions of the game dating back as far as the 1400s, it has grown in strength throughout the ages. The word Baccarat is derived from the Italian word meaning zero. Although the game was born in the 1400s, it took over five hundred years to become available to the masses and grow into the popular casino game that it is today.
The Origins of Baccarat
Baccarat has a number of versions available that have been around for ages. Firstly, there was the popular game of Chemin de Fer, the favoured English version of Punto Banco and finally, Banquet. Whilst enjoyed mainly by royalty in the past, Baccarat has become a staple casino game in modern times. Popularity snowballed when it was named the favoured game of super sleuth, James Bond. In the debut 1953 film, Casino Royale, the entire plot line is based on a game of chemin de fer between Bond and Le Chiffre. From there on, Baccarat became a loved game by all.
A Summary of the History of Baccarat
Believed to be one of the oldest casino card games in history, there is a lot to learn about Baccarat. Casino UK has summed up the key factors for you right here:
- Allegedly dates back to the middle ages
- First played by a man by the name of Felix Falguiere
- Baccarat means zero and the name of the game has Italian origin
- The first version of Baccarat was played using tarot cards
- Started emerging within modern land based casinos in the 1950’s
For the full history of online baccarat, read on here…
Online Baccarat Terminology and Glossary
Baccarat can be a somewhat complex card game to understand. Therefore, put yourself ahead of the pack by at least familiarizing yourself with the lingo. For example, it is beneficial to know that a Punto is a player and that fading means making bets as opposed to fading away. Be sure to get in the know by reading through this quick baccarat glossary.
- Baccarat – the worst hand imaginable in the game resulting in zero
- Carte – used to request another card from the dealer
- Fading – a term used to describe the act of placing a bet
- House Edge – the advantage which the casino (or house) has over the player
- Loss Bet – any bet made against the bank
- Monkey – a term used to describe a card with the value of ten
- Natural – a term used to describe two cards totally eight or nine
- Pass – a pass is a win
- Shooter – a term used to describe the bank (also known as banco)
- Upcard – this term describes the one card which will be facing up
Types of Online Baccarat in the United Kingdom
Here are our top 3 Baccarat Variants:
- High Limit Baccarat: High Limit Baccarat has always been a sophisticated Game. The number 1 world spy, James Bond 007 has always said that Baccarat is his favourite Game. Baccarat is seen in the gaming publics as a highly sophisticated game. Read More…
- 3 Card Baccarat
- Multi-Bet Baccarat
Online Baccarat FAQs
Is baccarat at all similar to blackjack?
In some ways baccarat is similar to blackjack. In both games you are chasing a value of cards to reach. However, blackjack is far simpler to understand that baccarat.
Are there any restrictions on my betting rights? May I bet on the banker’s hand should I so choose?
You are more than welcome to wager on the banco or banker’s hand in play.
If I wager on the banker’s hand, will it pay more?
No, it will not. Both betting on the player’s hand or the banker’s hand will pay you the same amount should you win.
What value does my hand need to have in order for me to win?
Your optimum hand value is nine – this is the highest hand in baccarat. If no one at the table manages a nine, the closest hand to this value will win.
If I want to play baccarat online in the United Kingdom, what will I need?
In essence, all you will need is a computer or smart mobile device and an internet connection. Many online casinos will allow you to play free rounds. However, if you’d actually like to win something – and experience more of a thrill –playing online baccarat for real money at one of the best online Australian casinos is the way to go.